The 10th Chapter of the Free Online Caricature Drawing Book, “How to Draw Caricatures – The Evolution of a Caricaturist” is online now. The book is almost complete. We will be discussing the most important feature (the Nose, what else?) in the 11th chapter. The book is going to have 14 chapters, in all.
This chapter, “Chapter 10 – Caricaturing the Ears” begins by classifying the human ear on the basis of its size, angle, and shape. It then discusses the structure of the human ear from the caricaturist’s viewpoint, enabling you to become comfortable not just with caricaturing the ear, but also drawing it without exaggeration. Finally, the chapter uses two examples to illustrates how the human ear can be caricatured.
- Chapter 1 – How to Draw Caricatures – Getting Down to the Basics
- Chapter 2 – Why Caricaturists Love Celebrities?
- Chapter 3 – The Human Face – Observing it from the Caricaturist’s Perspective
- Chapter 4 – The Psychology of Face Recognition – The Caricaturist’s Secret Weapon!
- Chapter 5 – Caricaturing the Shape of the Face
- Chapter 6 – Caricaturing the Eyes
- Chapter 7 – Caricaturing the Brows and the Brow-ridge
- Chapter 8 – Caricaturing the Lips and the Mouth
- Chapter 9 – Caricaturing the Forehead, the Hairline, and the Hair
- Chapter 10 – Caricaturing the Ears
The readership of this book is growing and I am glad that it’s being received well by the young artists who want to venture into this somewhat mysterious field of caricature-drawing.
I’d like to end this note by saying that if you are a regular reader of this book, comment on it and let me know if there’s anything else that you’d like to see in it. I hope to complete the book sometime early next month…this is the time to tell me if you’d like an additional chapter or two, on something that could make this book more useful to you:)
And now, Find a pencil and a paper – and
D R A W T O S M I L E !