The Evolution of a Caricaturist is being republished as an eBook and will shortly become available on the App Store. If you would like to be notified about it by email, please use the form below to sign up.
Your email address will be kept private. You will not receive emails other than to notify you of my new books on learning how to draw.
“The Evolution of a Caricaturist,” is being republished as an eBook and will soon be available on the App Store.
I have written a book called “The Evolution of a Caricaturist” on How to Draw Caricatures. This book explains the art of creating caricatures and helps you develop a method to achieve a funny likeness to the subject of your caricature. It begins by explaining what a caricature is, establishes an effective method for observation of human facial features, and then feature-by-feature, it helps you develop “the skill of exaggerating to achieve humor and likeness.”
Following are the chapters in this book:
The Evolution of a Caricaturist
- Chapter 1 – How to Draw Caricatures – Getting Down to the Basics
- Chapter 2 – Why Caricaturists Love Celebrities?
- Chapter 3 – The Human Face – Observing it from the Caricaturist’s Perspective
- Chapter 4 – The Psychology of Face Recognition – The Caricaturist’s Secret Weapon!
- Chapter 5 – Caricaturing the Shape of the Face
- Chapter 6 – Caricaturing the Eyes
- Chapter 7 – Caricaturing the Brows and the Brow-ridge
- Chapter 8 – Caricaturing the Lips and the Mouth
- Chapter 9 – Caricaturing the Forehead, the Hairline, and the Hair
- Chapter 10 – Caricaturing the Ears
- Chapter 11 – Caricaturing the Nose
- Chapter 12 – Caricaturing the Texture of the Skin
- Chapter 13 – Using Colors to Exaggerate
- Chapter 14 – The Final Note – Weaving a Story around your Caricature!
A Personal Note:
I believe that the artists of this world form a dynamic continuum. There are a lot of caricature artists who are ahead of me and I could learn a lot from them…but then there probably are an equal number of artists and graphic designers who excel in other areas and want to master the art of drawing caricatures. They are looking for “simple-to-understand and ready-to-apply” methods of creating caricatures so that they may explore yet another facet of art. Through this book, I wish to share my knowledge of caricature drawing with them. I hope they find it helpful.