I am pleased to announce the fourth Story-in-the-Caricature blog carnival.
Here’s the caricature, which I hope will inspire you to write a story.
What is a Story?
A story is:
“a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events”
What’s your story? What’s the “chain of related events” that jangles in your mind when you see the picture above.
The Four Simple Rules for Participating:
1. Write a story, small or big, about this caricature (There’s no upper limit – you are welcome to write a thesis if you please:))
2. Publish the story on your blog, along with this caricature (A link to this blog would be appreciated, but it isn’t necessary.)
3. Leave the link to your post, as a comment to this post here.
4. The festival ends at the midnight of September 30, 2010 (Tuesday.)
The Three Rewards for this Story Carnival:
1. All the story links added until the last date, will be published on this blog on October 1, 2010, along with the blog-address and a link to the About Page of your blog.
2. The blog addresses of the participating bloggers will find way into my “The Storytellers” blogroll.
3. We will also request all the story-writers to publish the links of other story-writers in a blog-post on their respective blogs. This will help the story writers find more readers – but of course, this would be voluntary.
An Important Note:
This blog has zero tolerance for pornography and abusive language and so any comment/story containing such material will automatically disqualify from the Carnival.
Are you a Storyteller?
The best way to find out is – tell a story! I believe we all are storytellers…we all know how to present something very simple and mundane, in an interesting way – Honestly, that’s all there is to storytelling – so fire a print of the caricature above, stow it away in your bag or briefcase, and write a story to discover a new, creative you.
Read the stories and connect with the authors of the previous Tell the Story in the Caricature Blog Carnivals here!
Pingback: Blog Carnival for Story-writers – 3 Days to go…Read the Stories that have come in! « Shafali's Caricatures
Licks n wags,
Thanks Oorvi…it’s YOUR entry:)
Pingback: To boldly go…. « Zen and the art of tightrope walking
Hope you enjoy; I wrote it in the waiting room at the hospital this afternoon and typed it up this evening.
Thanks Viv. Fabulous story indeed:)
Pingback: It’s the time to cast your vote! « Shafali's Caricatures
The caricature suggests evil. A good opportunity to dabble in fantasy genre. I will be back after my exam finishes 🙂
Fantasy, Macabre, thriller…:)
All the best for your exams.
Dewey…is there a story in a pretty face?
Perhaps there is. Wars have been fought over beautiful women…let me think.
Next time, either we’ll have an acceptable looking man (they aren’t ever good-looking…are they?) or a beautiful woman…or both.
(Have I given a hint there?)
I’ll wait to read your thoughts:)
Bellyrubs and treats,
Yikes, Shafali……I think ya need ta go ta bed and dream some really sweet dreams. Don’t ya ever visualize good lookin’ people……..the kind ya read about in books……’n the kind ya watch in movies……why yer drawin’ people that are absolutely frightenin’….why my eyes are hurtin’ just lookin’ at that creature…….I’m sure ta have bad dreams tonight…….yep….fer sure……but then maybe I can dream up some logical explanation of why that creature is hauntin’ my dreams……..I think I’ll sleep close ta Gram tonight…..’n my Mom too…..
Dewey Dewster here…..