———- Warning Begins ————
This is a personal post, and it will be of no interest to most of my visitors. I request you to skip it and find more interesting stuff in my Caricature Gallery here 🙂 I apologize for not having updated it recently, still you can find about 80 caricatures there, and that will hopefully make your visit here a success.
———- Warning Ends ————
The Post begins….
Without spinning a long yarn, I’d like to come straight to the point of this pointy, caricaturist-bashing post. (About the caricaturist-bashing bit, you’ll have to read between the lines.)
My Resolutions for the year 2013, in form of fluid and subjective thoughts are as follows. The corresponding measurable objectives would appear in my diary, because they’ve no business flaunting themselves on a caricaturist’s blog. Note that intellectual and practical stuff is bad for the caricaturist’s image.
1. I’ll write a lot more. (How much more? Well that’s the part that goes into the diary that I haven’t yet bought, because I’ve been terribly busy drawing non-caricature things.) At this point, I must direct you to the source of my inspiration, Ms. Barbwire who writes so much and yet blogs so regularly. She makes me wonder whether she’s got a magic wand that she’s spun out of her imagination, quite like her stories!
2. I will post more caricatures and cartoons on this blog. (How many more? Last year I made an average of one post a week, and if my memory serves me right, I must’ve posted not more than 1 caricature/cartoon a month. That puts me at the nadir of the performance barometer. So, its got to be substantially more – actual figures go into that diary that I haven’t bought yet.) For achieving this, I must get a new scanner, so I will.
3. I will visit more blogs. I seldom visit another blog. Recently, I’ve started looking at the new posts section in the WordPress Dashboard, and I have also visited a few blogs. Unfortunately, this is like looking for a needle in a haystack. So, if you are an artist, a writer, a teacher, a student, an engineer, or a scientist, or anyone else who writes regularly, who think they’d want a caricaturist lurking around on their blog, do leave your address in the comment section. I’d love to find more blogs to follow.
4. I’ll try to be more polite to people who irk me. This’s going to be the toughest resolution to keep. Those who are burdened with an artistic temperament are seldom polite when they should be – they are only polite when they want to be. Now, this is something that I need to really learn before I die. (Here’s an idea for a post: “Ten Things to Learn before your Die.”)
5. I’ll draw more so that I smile more 🙂 (The details, of course, will be written in my diary, in longhand, and signed with one of my many artistic signatures.)
I think five resolutions are enough for me to try to keep. Please leave your inspirational remarks and share your concern about my mental health – I am really falling apart as my multiple personalities are fighting with one-another to get the lion’s share of my time. I won’t mind some help here, and yes, I promise to be “polite.”
PS: If only, if only, if only I’d do a read-through before pressing the Publish button! But I won’t…because then I won’t be me. (shuffle…shuffle. !!!That was someone dejectedly shuffling away.)