A very happy new year to you.
For the last three years, I haven’t made nor published any new year resolutions, but I have resolved to do so this year.
Here are 5 things that I will work hard to accomplish this year.
- I will go for my morning walks at least 5 days out of 7 a week. I won’t connect it to weight-loss or even metabolism increase….I am going to walk for the sake of walking. This is something odd – but it sounds like me. I draw for the sake of drawing, write for the sake of writing…do everything because of itself – not because it would lead me toward a higher, loftier goal. So…I promise myself that unless I am unwell, or unless heavens fall upon me once again, I’ll walk at least 5 out 7 days a week.
- I will draw or paint for at least an hour each day. Life is short. Drawing and painting is something that helps me create something from nothing – and I love the feeling of seeing my imagination find expression. So, once again, for no higher aim, not for an exhibition, not for commissions and assignments – I will draw and paint for an hour or more each day – solely for the sake of drawing and painting.
- I will write at least 2 hours a day, 5 days a week. Again, not to spin out so many tales, or write a given number of words – but for the sake of visualizing a scene or a dialog or a character – for the sake of spinning something from my imagination – and give it a concrete shape (not that text is all that concrete.) So I’ll be writing five days out of seven.
- I will record and publish 52 episodes of my podcast, which will bring you inspirational stories from Hindu Mythology and Indian and world history. I’ll continue to speak my mind through my heart in the podcast.
- I will ensure that my social media posts on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter don’t exceed two per week. This doesn’t require any explanation, I guess. I just want to focus on creation not on putting my creations on display. Everything that I create doesn’t have to be seen…at least immediately.
I guess this is all that I can do in the given situation, and I intend to be among the 8% who keep their resolutions 🙂
Have a Great New Year Ahead. Stay calm and positive.