This is the time when all smart people buy new diaries and write their New Year Resolutions in their best handwriting. This post is for the Resolution Drafters of the world. I wish you all a very Happy New Year in which you are able to keep all your resolutions (or at least most of those that matter.)
Here’s a list of possible resolutions that you could add to your Charter of Resolutions.
You could resolve to:
1. Give up smoking! (once again, and hope that you’ll be able to keep this resolution for more than two days.)
2. Make your current, ex! (And ensure that you do it just once in the New Year.)
3. Find a New Job! (Which you’d realize becomes an old job before the year ends.)
4. Love your spouse as much as you love your dog…or cat (and fail. Because you’d realize that this is an impossible-to-keep resolution.)
5. Not become depressed. (Not even trying to figure out ways to contain your depression.)
6. Give up drinking (Same as “Give up Smoking.”)
7. Lose weight (for a fortnight, and then gain double back.)
8. Make up with your Mother-in-Law (by sending her a card sprinkled with itching powder.)
9. Get your first book published (and not mope when you sell three copies – bought by your mom, your sister, and your dog.)
10. Make no more resolutions that you can’t keep!
The good news is that this List of Resolutions is re-usable! You can use it again in 2011, 2012…and so on. It’s got a forever shelf life 🙂
Wish you a Happy New Year 2011!