A Big Thank You to Everyone who Signed-up 🙂
“Evolution of a Caricaturist” explains the art of creating caricatures and helps you develop a method to achieve a funny likeness to the subject of your caricature. It begins by explaining what a caricature is, establishes an effective method for observation of human facial features, and then feature-by-feature, it helps you develop “the skill of exaggerating to achieve humor and likeness.”
Chapter-wise Content Outline
I’ve prepared a short 18-page pdf that contains the chapter-wise details of the book. You can download this Free pdf for the ebook “Evolution of a Caricaturist” here.
Evolution of a Caricaturist – List of Chapters
- Chapter 1: How to Draw Caricatures – Getting Down to the Basic
- Chapter 2: The Celebrity Connection
- Chapter 3: The Human Face – Observing it from the Caricaturist’s Perspective
- Chapter 4: The Psychology of Face Recognition
- Chapter 5: Caricaturing the Shape of the Face
- Chapter 6: Caricaturing the Eyes
- Chapter 7: Caricaturing the Brows and the Browridge
- Chapter 8: Caricaturing the Mouth
- Chapter 9: Caricaturing the Forehead and the Hair
- Chapter 10: Caricaturing the Ears
- Chapter 11: Caricaturing the Nose
- Chapter 12: Putting it All Together
- Chapter 13: Context, Story, and Props
- Chapter 14: Spread your Wings and Fly!
What this book is all about:
Among all kinds of illustrations, caricatures are the ones that evoke the highest response from the audience. A caricature achieves this by weaving the spell of humorous likeness around its subject.
This book establishes a logical method to harness the creative madness that results in caricatures. I call it the Feature Frame Method © and illustrate how this method can be used to selectively exaggerate every facial feature.
This book helps you master the art of caricature drawing by presenting more than 70 artworks and technical drawings and analyzing the features of more than 30 celebrity faces.